Saturday, April 11, 2009



It was quite an honor when, opening my email this past week, to find that Lori at Dusty Pages had given out an award, and had included me! Thank you, Lori, and congratulations on your award. Your blogs always teach me something or leave me smiling.


And according to Lori's blog, I'm supposed to list seven things I love. They are:

1. Getting lost in a good book. The characters become real to me, and when the last page is read, it's like losing dear friends. That explains why I read my favorites over and over.


2. The scent of honeysuckle. We used to go for rides in summer, and instead of turning on the air conditioner, I kept the windows rolled down so I could smell the honey flavored air. It's a reminder of times when the world was sweeter and more simple.


3. My patio. It has become a haven, and during tumultuous times, I escape there with a cup of Seville Orange Coffee and drink it and the peace in.


4. Orange Seville coffee. It is my new passion.


5. Dogs. They love you back, no matter what.


6. The whippoorwill's song on a summer night.


7. Swimming. It's the closest thing to absolute freedom I have experienced.


One of the best things about this award is passing it on.
Paula at Pauline's Country Tales has entertained us all by taking us along on her trips out and about. You don't read her blog without feeling as if you've had a taste of life on the ranch and living in Texas!
Leigh at My Thoughts Honestly has such a way with prose. She's another who can put you in the moment.
Mary a Rejected Truth ...There really is no need for elaboration. Mary is WOW!
I do have more to add, but duty calls for now.
To all of you - I've missed you.

5 comments:

Paula said...

It is so good to see a post from you. Congrats on your award and thank you for thinking of me.

Unknown said...

Mazol Tov on your award :)

Lori said...

I really like your list! And you chose some great bloggers.

natalie said...

Big Congratulations!
come and visit me!
love,natalie
Lurkynat

kanishk said...

Congrats on your award and thank you for thinking of me.
How to make a website