Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Finally

It's quiet this morning - everyone is keeping to themselves, and that's not a bad thing.  It gives us all time to focus on what we need to do and where we need to be in the future.  Also gives us some time to build energy.  Always a good thing.

Finally, finally, I completed chemo, yesterday.  It's a good feeling to know that now, I can really build some energy, get my platelets up, build some red blood cells and grow some magnesium. My fervent prayer is that the treatments did their thing and that my change in lifestyle will keep any future cancer at bay.  After all, I have been sliced, diced, nuked and poisoned!  Living through all of it just HAS to have a happy outcome.

If my next set of labs come back good, I can return to work in May.  If my energy surges, I can get the house as clean as it should be, and the yard will look spectacular!  I haven't been able to pay attention to the outside since last May, when all this came to light, and needless to say, it is a jungle out there.  I'm considering having a yard company come in for the worst of it.  I've never handled a chainsaw (that's right!  need chain sawing) in my life, and it is NOT on my bucket list.  Then, there will be debris to haul away.  Another thing I want to do is build a fire pit - the one of my dreams! - out of either brick or cinderblocks so that when I gather up the pine cones and cut down undergrowth, pick up limbs, etc...I can do a nice little burn at dusk, and sit there with a glass of tea and enjoy the fire.  Peaceful!

Looking forward to the future is so wonderful.  having a positive outlook is even better.  And having gratitude trumps both.  I thank you, God, for all you have done, and for the people you have sent into my life.  Please take care of each and every one of them.


No comments: