Friday, October 10, 2008

Eternal Optimista

Well, if it isn't one thing, it's another. I spent last week in Durham with my daughter. She developed infection in her c-section surgery site and was in the hospital until last Friday. She came home with a WoundVac because they can't close the incision - it has to heal from the inside out. And so, Home Health comes to her three days a week to pack the wound and tape it up. She has a long way to go...I wish I could have transferred her care and brought her home with me where someone could be with her all the time, but she chose to stay in Durham.

I wish, too, that I could go back this weekend, but there's so much going on around here...Dad is considering having a total glossectomy - tongue removal - and has an appointment with a surgeon on Tuesday. Mom needs me around here...and I have to tell you - my house is a total wreck this week. I don't even know where my laundry is.

I got an email from Dr. H, my favorite psychologist, last week in response to a forwarded email that was a litany of looking on the sunny side. He wrote back - Oh, thou eternal optimista!

I had to laugh at that. BUT - he's one of those coworkers that either makes you shake your head or smile.

Optimista. Well, he might be right...I'm counting my blessings and realizing what a lucky woman I am to have been blessed with my daughter's returning health and my father's spirit. I ask once more for your prayers for both of them.

And now to take a night for myself and get caught up on all of your journals. I don't know how y'all feel about it yet, but blogspot seems to be great!

6 comments:

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

Sending along some prayers and healing thoughts.
Your page is BEAUTIFUL!
Hope your weekend goes smoothly.
Hugs, Leigh

Sandisan said...

Oh my you have had a full plate of it recently. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers..better days are coming. Oh, Mara if you want to get rid of that annoying word verification thingy go into settings there is a way to turn it off - makes it so much easier for people to leave comments...old eyes and such..love, Sandi

Terri said...

Hey Mara!!!

So glad you found Mom and I...after I stopped getting alerts on AOL I lost touch with so many...

I am really liking blogger...

Keeping everyone in my prayers...

Your page looks pretty...glad you made the move over here with us!

Hugs
Terri

Lori said...

You must be under a ton of stress right now, so I'm glad that you are an "optimista". Hope your daughter's wound heals quickly, and I hope your dad and mom have the strength to get through whatever he decides about the glossectomy. Keeping all of you in my prayers!

natalie said...

Big Congrats wiht your new grandchild!
woopee! big hugs!
Congratulations on yuor beautiful blog!
I lvoe the artwork and I love the music!
please visit me at:
http://Lurkynat's world.blogspot.com

Happy Being Me said...

I love the title of your blog and your reads - I shall return. Tea is my favorite of favorites. You have a wonderful spirit and a great sense of humor. My prayers will go up for you and yours.
Take care and remember to smile,
Katie